Like countless others, I couldn’t resist having a go at the Lutradur and Lace techniques in the first issue of Fibre and Stitch – here is my result. I used metallic effects copper paint on the lutradur and then sprayed with the patination fluid. them I daubed some lumiere and some other stuff here andthere. I haven’t actually done any stitching yet – the gesso that I put down first, so the metcallic paint had something to stick to, sort of glued the bits to the lutradur. I finally tried zapping it with a heat gun to add to the distressed, patinated look. However, the gesso and layers of paint obviously insulated the lutradur, and nothing much happened. I might have a go on the weekend at a distressed/stitched piece. For now it is off to work, and another tedious all day meeting – tedious, tiring and ultimately pointless, no doubt. Can’t wait to retire!